Top Five Courses To Golf In Tampa
It is no mystery why people fly from all over the world to golf in Tampa, Florida. Aside from the consistency of near perfect weather, orange blossom flowers and palm trees, the courses can be described as a paradise for golfers.
Tampa is one of the top vacation destinations and its vast quantity of challenging golf courses has a “little” to do with that. Although you are sure to be able to get a tee time at one of the many golf clubs, you will have to make the tough decision of what location to golf at first. This is a city full of options that will keep you coming back for more.
- Old Memorial – This stunning course opened its doors in November of 1997, just 15 minutes away from the Tampa airport. Built on 312 acres of sandy grounds, the location was naturally blessed with subtle elevation, natural lakes, pine and oak woodlands, freshwater marshes and an abundance of coastal breezes. It is beautifully sculpted and offers golfers a 17,000 sq ft clubhouse that seems to be a favorite in the area.
- Emerald Greens Golf Resort – If you are looking for an unforgettable Florida golf vacation in Tampa, you will find it here. This 27 hold golf course is set in tropical settings and challenging enough to keep you coming back for seconds (and thirds). The resort is staffed with helpful professionals, an impressive pro shop and if that is not enough; air conditioned golf cart await you here.
- Heritage Isles – This golf club is everything a course should be. Its rustic beauty is complimented by an enjoyable yet complex course through 15 acres of completely natural wetlands with an impressive animal population. Heritage isles blankets you with a surrounding of cascading cypress trees, tranquil ponds and native wildlife.
- Northdale Golf Course – This remarkable club offers you first rate courses and outstanding customer service at an impressive value. The florida terrain is unspoiled with sparkling lakes and plenty of cypress trees. The club offers a challenging course for the more experience golfer and also a forgiving one for the novice. The diversity here presents something for everyone.
- Pebble Creek – Considered a “must play”, the club boasts a private club appeal at a public club price. Pebble creek offers champion Bermuda greens and unique Australian celebration trees. This course displays mature grandfather oaks draped in moss and plenty of alligators and sand-hill cranes. You will find a course here that will satisfy any level of golfer, operated by a casual yet elegant local family.
Tampa is known for being home to some of the most breathtaking and challenging courses in Florida. Whether you have just taken up the sport recently and golf is just finding its way into your heart or if you are looking for a new challenge, Tampa golf courses will impress even the toughest critics.